Friday, July 12, 2019

PrayingFor(NOT)Rain


PrayingForRain

We’ve had far too much rain this season, so I actually had to cross out part of my original blog title for the summer of 2019. When I first attempted a blog, we had a drought, and we were literally praying for rain. At this point, we’re praying it will hold off long enough to plant some crops for fall and stain our porch.

More than anything I want this to be an outlet for myself that others might find useful. I’m a mom, a wife, a daughter, a homesteader, an artist, a teacher, a traveler, a camper, a person of faith, and a lot of other things that might be relatable. If you found me and you want to see more of a specific topic, feel free to let me know.

At 24 weeks pregnant with our third child, I’ve recently had some interpersonal setbacks. I’m not communicating well, and my hormones are haywire to say the least. I’m hoping that this can be a place to peacefully share my story in a helpful way. I believe it can be a place where other people see that they don’t need to feel alone. We all have ups and downs, mental and emotional hardships, but it IS worth it to get up each morning and carry on. Each of us is valuable and each has a purpose.

I’ve taken some pictures of a recent day on the homestead and am also going through some older photos to see what might be useful here on the blog. Stay tuned for progress updates and an attempt at regular entries.

Music of the Moment:
Indigo Girls – Closer to Fine

“I’m trying to tell you something ‘bout my life. Maybe give me insight between black and white…
Darkness has a hunger that’s insatiable. Lightness has a call that’s hard to hear.”

Quote of the Day:
“Don’t look back, you’re not going that way.”

Sometimes I make Art: (aka me on Instagram)

Kate & Jhan, Camaná 2014

No comments: